There are many sites claiming that CBD can cure, treat or prevent the Coronavirus. Currently there is no vaccine or cure for the Coronavirus, (Covid-19). During this unsettling time, there are people preying on your emotions, so that's why we want to spread the truth. For the latest information and updates, visit coronavirus.gov to learn ways to keep you, your family, and community safe.
What is the Coronavirus?
According to the World Health Organization, Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses mostly found in animals but can be transmitted to people. The virus can cause a wide range of illnesses from the common cold to more servers diseases such as SARS and MERS. The novel coronavirus now named COVID-19 is no different. In humans the virus typically causes respiratory infections with flu-like symptoms according to the CBC. The only difference between this and the others is that COVID-19 is spreading faster.
Signs and symptoms
• Shortness of Breath
• Dry Cough
• Sore Throat
• Muscle Ache
• Joint Pain
Other symptoms include chills, nasal congestion, nausea or vomiting, and diarrhea.
It is also important to note that individuals with the highest risk of developing severe disease and death are those aged above 60 years and those with underlying conditions such as diabetes, cancer, chronic respiratory disease, cardiovascular disease, and hypertension.
Can CBD help with Coronavirus?
There is no evidence suggesting that Cannabidiol (CBD) can be used to cure, treat or prevent coronavirus or the symptoms of coronavirus. They are all rumors preying on the nervous consumers.
Here are ways that CBD can help during these uncertain times.
• MOOD - During any time that is stressful to people, it can cause fear, stress, sadness and anxiety. CBD may work by interacting with CB1 and CB2 receptors in the endocannabinoid system (ECS) to alter serotonin signals. Serotonin is a neurotransmitter that is associated with your mental health. Not having enough serotonin may cause anxiety.
• INFLAMMATION - Inflammation can cause havoc on your physical body. Many of older population may have joint pain, and back or neck pain caused by injuries or just plain aging. CBD may have anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties that could help people with structural pain. A 2014 preclinical study examined CBD as a treatment for discomfort.
1. Wash your hands frequently.
2. Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
3. Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
4. Distance between yourself and others around you.
5. Stay home if you're sick!
6. Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily.
7. Have a supply of food staples and household supplies.
8. Make sure you have at least a 30 day supply of your prescription medication and other health supplies, such as pain relievers, cold medication, etc...
9. Stay active and exercise. Just because the gym is closed, doesn't mean you can't exercise.
10. FaceTime or Skype, and limit watching the news. Prevent social isolation and negativity because it can stress you out and dampen your immune function.
*This post is for educational purposes only. In no way do we make any claims that CBD will prevent, cure, treat or prevent Coronavirus or any other disease. Seek medical guidance before adding CBD to your routine, especially if you are pregnant, nursing, sick or in any medication.